Superhero Clubhouse

Welcome to the Superhero Clubhouse, a Legion of Superheroes blog! The LoSH is a 31st century superhero group comprised of idealistic teenagers from across the galaxy! I'm Qulore Dox, the daughter of Brainiac 5, and I've decided to come back to the 21st century to explore the heroic deeds of the Legion and other superheroes in order to one day join the Legion myself. Feel free to look around and leave a comment or two!

Monday, February 05, 2007

Favorite Pastimes

Many people wonder why I enjoy a good Dungeons and Dragons game. "Gee Qulore, why would you want to play a fantasy role-playing game when you're a superhero?" I suppose it's a good question because one would think that fighting the Fatal Five, Mordru, Starfinger and the rest would make you want to take a trip to the beach or watch a nice relaxing vid during your time off. I guess I just learned to love D&D from my Dad and his friends. Even the excitement of being a Legionnaire couldn't quench the guys love of adventure and excitement. Even superheroes need a little bit of fantasy - Dad enjoyed playing a Barbarian.




Thom and Dirk were the biggest D&D geeks though - especially when Dreamgirl was ignoring Thom. They'd pull all nighters. Sometimes it could get a bit out of hand though. All that kono juice starts to affect your senses after awhile.



Garth never got into the game - he sometimes worried about Thom and Dirk's obsession. They began to get more and more into the game, and while Cos and Dad would still play occasionally even they began to notice that Thom and Dirk had crossed a line. That's when Dad decided to show them that too much fantasy can be a bit... unhealthy.



Of course even after their close encounter Dirk and Thom just couldn't resist. Now you know why Dreamgirl really left Thom and why Gigi said no to Dirk's proposal. When D&D comes before your girlfriend it's probably time to quit.


Most of us have learned from Thom and Dirk though, and can enjoy a good RPG after a long day battling khunds or evil sorcerers (ect).



3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Wow, I forget (even after recent readings) just how often they played D&D.

The scanner does a nice job, I may have to get one, one day.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Arielle said...

My only complaint is that most of the panels are too small for me to read the text. =(

4:49 AM  
Blogger Gwen said...

that's odd - usually if you click on them they come up full size... wonder why it's not working on my page >< I'll have to fix that.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home